Thursday, December 31, 2009

new year, new ideas

every new year there are a million resolutions to do all the same shit you promised to do last year. well, personally i quit trying years ago. i just accepted a few cardinal things about myself and just left it alone after that.
well this year i feel inspired. alot is changing, and even though i'm in my 30's, i finally feel like this is the year i will take the first steps into adultness.
i mean i've been an adult for years, but there was always some element about it that never got too serious ya know?! yeah i pay rent, but that seems so childish compared to a mortgage. now, i want a mortgage. i want something that is truly ours. me and my husband. no more theirs, and yes i know how stupid that sounds because technically even if we bought a house it still belongs to them, the bank. i get that, but it just seems like a huge step to being a grown-up.
2010 will be the year that i will take better care of myself. no traps of "i'm going to lose weight" because when i don't i become even more depressed. this year, i just need to pay attention to me. sleep better, eat better, drink more water, and yes try to exersize more than just what i exert at work. btw, i'm a part-time cashier. soooo, but yeah, get out and walk the dog instead of just standing there watching her walk.
i'm starting a second job, hoping to get some money in to get our bills squared and maybe save up for a house this year or a newer car. definately getting out of this apartment, and if it has to be in a different apartment, so be it. i'll just keep working hard and save up and maybe a house 2011.
i saw a commercial that talked about voice software to type what you say, so that will be my birthday present to myself and i'll finish my first novel by this summer! shoot with that program i might finish my series by the end of the year.
my political asperations are still ify, just because i'm not sure i'm compassionate enough to slackers who think they deserve my hard earned money for poping out babies they don't take care of or want. but they want that paycheck.
so, this year i'm going to take better care of myself, finish my first novel, move into a new place, and make more time for me and my hubby and my friends. no more rain checks because of a job.
pray me luck and thank you god for being there for me now, then, tomorrow, and in my time of need. and happy new years guys, i pray that you are blessed with health, wealth, and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment