Tuesday, November 24, 2009

time for a change maybe?

so i sent out that letter to the man who murdered my cousin and i'm waiting on a response, if any, but if he does respond, well that will be december's issue of MANIFEST. well, i'm always an army brat, hope for the best; prepare for the worst, so i have a back up plan for the december issue if he doesn't respond at all or not in time. HOWEVER, i'm now starting to think that it may be time to change it up all together.

see, MANIFEST, the whole concept and idea was truly a vision from God. it's a training tool that will help me prepare for something, i just don't know what that something is. but i think i may have to change my approach. i wanted to keep completely neutral in regards to the political topics, just give the facts as they are on the government sites and articles, etc. and keep my opinion out of it completely. i figured people can make up there own minds and take the actions they see fit to take. this idea also stemms from people forcing their opinions down my throat when all i wanted were just the facts. but for some reason, this isn't working. is it because we as a society have just gotten too use to other's opinions that we can't make our own? has it just become easier to let others hash these things out without us getting involved.

well we can't just sit around any longer and wait for others to duke it out and we sit on the side lines and pray for the best. i mean praying is fine, but pray without action is like that joke jerry told me. guy is sitting on the roof of his house during a massive flood and he's praying to god, "save me, save me" a guy comes by with a rowboat and tells the guy, get in, but nope, he says thanks but god will save me. the water gets higher and the guy is up to his waist when someone comes by in a speed boat, get in man. no thanks, god will save me. the water is now up to this guys ears when a helicopter flies in and lowers a bucket, but the guy says, no thanks, god will save me. the man drowns. when he stands before god and asks why didn't you save me? god says i tried, i sent a rowboat, a speedboat, and a helicopter, but you turned me down.

how many times have you turned god down recently? you're waiting on some kind of supernatural event to fix all the problems when sometimes the real solution is just grabbing the hand that's right in front of you. i know i've been waiting.

i think i've been worried that my opinion would get in the way, but maybe my opinion could help show the way. i think my opinions and my voice are worthy of sharing, are important. so i'm gonna pray over it, call my church family and see what they think. it may just be time to shake things up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment